What Is A “Secondary Dimension” in Google Analytics?
As the name implies, a secondary dimension is a subset, or branch, of your primary dimension that can be added to a table for a more detailed analysis.
Here’s how to:
- Click “secondary dimension” below the list of primary dimensions.
- Peruse the list of dimensions, or input part, or all of the dimension name into the search box
- Select the dimension name
By default, you can only have two dimensions in a GA report – a primary and secondary dimension. Nonetheless, you can make more than two dimensions if you need a more detailed analysis.
You can do this by taking the following steps:
- Create a new custom report file
- Pick “Flat Table” under type to add up to five dimensions in your Google Analytics report